United Local High School Principal Bill Young Goes to China: April 6-24, 2011

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Parting Gifts

This is my last night in Hunagshi City as tomorrow I will return to the capital city of Hubie Province - Wuhan, where I will fly to Shanghai to reunite with our U.S. delegation.  Before leaving Huangshi No. 7 High School, I was humbled to receive some very nice parting gifts.  Pictured is a senior art student (Wu Lei) who gave me a painting that I was admiring a couple days ago.  What an amazing surprize!  And then, Mr. Ye presented to me a Chinese coat.  This jacket design dates back to the Tang Dynasty (618 - 907 A.D.).  Mr. Ye told me that this is the same coat that was given to President George W. Bush when he visited China.  It is beautiful and makes me feel truly honored.  In all truthfullnes, during my entire stay in Huangshi City I have been treated like royalty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohio Exchange Cohort

Ohio Exchange Cohort

Chinese Word of the Day

Either scripts and active content are not permitted to run or Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.0 or greater is not installed.

Get Adobe Flash Player